File Search Report quickly searches selected folders or drives and creates a detailed report in an Excel file.
The report gives a clear view of the contents of your folders and drives. This allows you to easily manage them.
Each file has a link in the report and can be opened by clicking it.
The data in the report can be manipulated with the powerful spreadsheet features
The Excel file can then be saved for future use or kept for reference.
This tool is part of Office Companion.
- There are two types of reports: All found files and Duplicates only
- search option for case sensitive or non-sensitive
- columns in the report:
Last write time
Last access time
- the application provides information
status on the total number of found files,
listed files and the time taken to list them
in the reports.
Enter file or folder name to search for, or leave this field empty to search for all files and folders.
You can search for more than one name at a time, by separating strings of text with commas. Ex.: *xls, *jpg, *prod.doc.
Using wildcard characters
The following table shows how you can use wildcard characters to search for files or folders:
Kind of match
Example No match
aa, aBa, aBBBa
abc, AABB, Xab
aaa, a3a, aBa
a0a, a1a, a2a
Range of characters
f, p, j
Outside a range
9, &, %
Not a digit
A, a, &, ~
0, 1, 9
2nd step: Click Change Folder to select files location. ‘Include Subfolders’ Check Box is selected by default.
3rd step: Click Start Search.
4th step: Create reports. Once the search has finished you can create any of the available reports by clicking on their respective buttons: ‘Create Excel Report’ (Creates Excel report of All found files) or ‘Duplicates Report’ (Creates Excel report of Duplicates only)
- You can cancel the searching or the creation of the reports at any time by pressing on Cancel button.
- You can increase the speed of creating reports by selecting Hide Excel check box.
- Avoid changing columns or rows dimensions in Excel during creation of the report.